Monday, March 2, 2009

Chicago MidWinter Meeting

Let me go over this backwards. Sunday was a bust. Snow started lightly in Chicago and many people left early and skipped the meeting floor.

My 6 PM flight to Manchester NH was cancelled early in the day and I was told I could get out TUESDAY. With a little fussing I was able to get a 4 PM flight to Boston. 2 problems- I had to leave the floor early, thus missing my last dash around to report on new products I had seen earlier, and my car is still in Manchester NH. This is a real problem as it is a Subaru all wheel drive that I will need Monday as we are expecting up to 2 feet of snow overnight. For those of you who did not get out tonight and were headed east, see you Tuesday.

I was hoping to see Mike Williams ( allegedly the inventor of the intraoral camera) who was showing a new 3D monitor that does not require glasses and somehow allows the user to grab the image and manipulate it. Some limited info is at http://www.ifo2.com/

I also missed an introduction to CariFree - a caries risk assessment process that I need to learn more about.

I did see the trimara identifi 3000, the prodrive handpiece system, the ios3d intraoral scanner, a new mouthpiece for isolite, a couple of new intraoral cameras ( air techniques and rfamaerica). an iPhone app for Lexicomp and more. I will proabably have no patients Monday with the snowstorm so perhaps time to post a lot of products here.

No comments:

Post a Comment