Monday, March 30, 2009

Way Behind in the blog

Over committed, I have just returned from the IDS meeting in Cologne Germany. I left for that meeting one day after I returned from the Hinman meeting in Atlanta. I have a few notes from that wonderful meeting, that I will post this week. IDS was an experience of a lifetime for me professionally. I will have many products to report about, although some are not yet available in the US waiting for 510K and/or FDA approval. Let me get past the jet lag type away here.

One of the greatest pieces of new technology that I used at both of these meeting as well as typing this entry, is thanks to Marty Jablow. It is the Dell Mini 9 laptop. weighing in at about 2 pounds, this gem has a solid state hard drive (only 16 GB) and no CD drive, but enough USB ports as well as an SD card slot to make up the difference in storage. It cost about $320 from delloutlet.com loaded with WinXP (home) and 1 GB RAM. I changed that out to the max 2GB for about $30. (if anyone needs a 1GB laptop memory stick let me know). Wireless works flawlessly and I was able to carry it around in my shoulder bag.
Need sleep.......

No comments:

Post a Comment