Saturday, December 5, 2009

Greater New York Meeting- Part 1

The meeting was a success for the GNY staff but I am not sure the exhibitors were the beneficiaries. There were a number of classes right on the exhibit floor in "fishbowls" that were packed. There was a larger live operatory and an smaller one which also was packed- the large one seemed to have 200 or so seats. I watched a patient receiving some mini implants- the procedure was of course projected on the big screen. There were a myriad of courses that were very well attended- I had a chance to go into a number of rooms as I was helping the Yankee meeting people with some scouting. Thus, the exhibit floor seemed a bit sparser than usual.

From an education standpoint, this is a great step- above and beyond the typical classroom teaching. The big meetings have started to get a little stale and repetitive. Plus online CE has allowed many dentists and dental professionals to get their training ( and credits) from home. The economy for sure has kept spending down a bit and limited expensive travel related expenses. Of course as this year comes to a close, there are tax advantages to make those large purchases right now. In my next post I will go over some of the details of products and people who caught my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment